Khama Worthy Announces Release: ‘I’ve Been Cut From The UFC’

Lightweight Khama Worthy recently revealed that his UFC run has come to an end.

Worthy, 35, announced Saturday that he is no longer signed to the promotion.

“I just got word from my management team that I’ve been cut from the UFC,” said Worthy in an Instagram post.

Worthy joined the UFC roster in 2019 with a record of 15 wins and six losses. His pro career had already included matchups against UFC-level fighters, like Kyle Nelson, Billy Quarantillo and Matt Bessette.

After starting his UFC run with two consecutive stoppage wins, Worthy went on a three-fight streak of first-round finish losses that sounded the end of his run with the promotion.

Worthy last fought in October, getting stopped by Jai Herbert in that appearance.

Worthy’s statement last week implied his intentions to continue competing in the sport despite being cut from the roster.

“One door closes and another one opens,” said Worthy “This lion still got the [hunger] in him. Back on the hunt we go.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s