Visa Issues Force Don Madge Out of January 13th UFC Fight Against Nasrat Haqparast

UFC’s March 13th card has lost a bout, as visa issues have forced Don Madge out of a fight against Nasrat Haqparast. Madge was attempting to travel from South Africa to the United States to compete.

The fight was set to happen at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. It is not known if Haqparast will get a new opponent for the card.

Madge announced the cancelled fight via social media.

“We’ve been scrambling for the last week trying to get everything sorted out [but] we haven’t been able to come up with any viable solutions,” said Madge, addressing the visa issues on Instagram.

Madge was optimistic about his future despite the cancelled fight.

“As disappointed as I am, I believe everything happens for a reason. This is just another test for me to overcome,” said Madge.

Madge was scheduled to make his first appearance in over a year. The former EFC Lightweight Champion was successful in his first two UFC showings, defeating Te Edwards and Fares Ziam.

Saturday’s cancelled bout is now the second false start for Haqparast this year. The 25-year-old was scheduled to fight in January against Arman Tsarukyan, although he had to withdraw due to illness eventually.

UFC’s January 13th card is currently set to have welterweights Leon Edwards and Belal Muhammad competing in the main event.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s